Decrease in National and Local Bankruptcy Filings for the 12 Months Ending March 2013
- During the 12-month period ending March 2013, national bankruptcies decreased by 14.4% as compared to the same 12-month period ending March 2012. Locally, bankruptcies decreased by 13.4% over the same time period. Chapter 7s in the Eastern District for the 12-month period ending March 2013 represented 79.4% of all filings and decreased by 12% from the previous 12-month period. Chapter 13s represented 20% of all filings and decreased by 18.4%. Chapter 11s and Chapter 12s together represented less than 1% of all filings. The number of Chapter 11s decreased by 15.6%, while the number of Chapter 12s doubled (from 2 to 4 cases).
- The Office of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court Clerk will be closed Monday, May 27, 2013, in observance of Memorial Day. Electronic filing will be fully operational.
CM/ECF Version 5.0 and 5.1 System Upgrade
- The CM/ECF electronic filing software has been upgraded to the latest national releases. For information about the system changes, click here (Version 5.0) and here (Version 5.1).
Claims Transfer Fee
- A new fee of $25 for filing a transfer of claim has been approved by the Judicial Conference of the United States and will take effect May 1, 2013. For additional information, click here.
New Payment Policy
- The Yakima office will no longer accept fee payments after April 12, 2013. Payments should be remitted to U.S. Bankruptcy Court, P.O. Box 2164, Spokane, WA 99210-2164. Payments from debtors must be in the form of cashier's check or money order. No cash accepted. For additional information, click here.